Sunday, July 31, 2011

Moving on...

Dear Grandpa,

I am leaving Arizona today. I feel more than a little guilty for leaving Grandma Mona alone. This will be hard on her. 
We started the road trip this morning, and our destination will be a small town in North Dakota. I am moving up there with Michael, you actually met him right before you died, but you were pretty deep in a pain killer fog. He's a really great guy! He just graduated with his degree in automotive technology and got offered a job in North Dakota. I decided to go with, he's a pretty big part of my life. It worked out nice because the town actually has University that I will be attending. Yay me! 
I was just thinking about you as I was staring out the window at plateaus in the distance. It's kinda funny how things work out isn't it? I moved here two years ago so that I could be closer to you, to lend a helping hand as you got sick. But mostly so I could really get to know you, and we spent many a days sitting on the couch together. Those are some of the best memories I have down here, I will forever cherish them. Oh I do miss you. 
I think mom would approve of this adventure, she would probably laugh and say that I am a lot like her. 
But as we are leaving Arizona behind I can't help but think whether of not I would be leaving if you were still alive. I just don't know if I could of, I always clung to you as the last thing of mom that I had left. So I guess it not too surprising that it's only taken me a year to leave this place. It's just not the same without you!! 

Love ya,
Sunshine 

No comments:

Post a Comment